Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Chocolate Boutique in my Room


Last week I invited a friend of mine over for a chocolate tasting . She said yes, but didn't seem as enthusiastic as I had wanted her to be. Thinking that she must not have understood how much fun this would be, I decided to take out my chocolate collection and lay it out in a relatively pleasing way and took a picture to send to her for the e-vite. I love chocolate, and I compulsively buy different ones the way many women buy clothing, shoes and bags. I've spent a lot of money on chocolate in the last few years. What you see here wasn't everything -- it's just the stuff I haven't eaten yet. So yes, it is getting more and more similar to the many women who compulsively shop and end up with a bunch of shoes that they've never worn.

Anyway, my friend saw the picture and confirmed her attendance with a lot more enthusiasm.

I know it's not a good idea to have all the chocolate just sitting out like this, but it looks so pretty and enticing. Tomorrow, after the tasting, I will put the chocolate all away again. . .::sigh::  Ideally, someday I'll have a nice big temperature-controlled box to display my chocolates in so that I can visually enjoy them without exposing them to the varying temperatures of my room.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm speechless. Okay, not quite speechless, that never happens... but this is amazing!
    It looks like you buy chocolate the way I buy tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaghan. I love tea and would be thrilled to learn more about it. My assortment of tea is certainly not as large or varied as I'd like it to be.

    ReplyDelete