Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hotel Chocolate. The Purist. Milke 52% With Vanilla and Cocoa Nibs. Menevava Plantation. Madagascar




After months and months of not eating any chocolate (I was getting an allergic reaction) I had my first taste of it again a few days ago. I picked a good one to start the habit again -- Hotel Chocolate's "The Purist" a 52% milk with cocoa from the Menavava Plantation in Madagascar.

This is a milk chocolate bar that I absolutely love, which quite surprised me since I have tried many milk chocolate bars only to hate them. Until I tried this bar,  the only other milk chocolate bar I liked was the Amedei milk. I think I may like this more than the Amedei milk. This chocolate smells like cocoa butter and vanilla which perfectly foiled with the darker scent of cocoa solids. The flavor was amazing. It was quite rich, creamy with delightfully bitter cocoa nibs that acted as the perfect foil to sweet milk chocolate.

 Am I just over-excited because it's been more than 6 months since I've eaten chocolate? Perhaps . . . . But I've heard the feedback from people whose taste I trust that this is, indeed, a very delightful bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment