Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Amedei Tasting



I bought this assortment of Amedei chocolates at Cardullo's when I was in Boston last year. Each package came with four tasting squares. Here are the package notes and my (very brief) notes

Ecuador 70 % -- Intense aroma of forest undergrowth and cacao. A chocolate to surprise you as its immense aromatic flavour develops
My notes: Very pleasant clean earthy scent with red fruit aromas. Flavor is well balanced though finish falls a bit short.

Venezuela 70% -- Flora aroma with dried fruit sensations. A balanced chocolate with a pleasant aromatic richness
My notes: Smells a bit sharp -- like cheese and tart red fruit. Flavor is mellow and coffee-like

Trinidad 70% -- Aroma of toasted cacao and tobacco. A classic chocolate with a hint of walnut
My notes: Aroma is similar to Venezuala but brighter and fruitier. Flavor is creamy and rich. Nice finish of caramel and coffee.

Grenada 70% -- Aroma of exotic spices. A creamy and pleasantly balanced chocolate.
My notes: Scent reminds me of pho (star anise, and coriander). Flavor starts out a bit weak and ends a bit chalky-tasting.

Jamaica 70% --  Intense aroma, mediterranean fruit flavours. A highly captivating, decise, and powerful chocolate
My notes: Scent is smoky and minty and reminds me a bit of sauvignon blanc. Flavor is caramel-ly, smoky, and a little flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment