Monday, October 3, 2011

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Mix

I was disappointed after trying King Arthur's gluten free pizza mix. The dough was difficult to work with, and it gave me a funny feeling in my throat. I suspect xanthan gum or guar gum thickening the saliva in my mouth.

My doctor recommended Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza mix, and even though that contains the gums, I decided to try it. The dough was easier to work with than King Arthur's, and even though it doesn't taste like good gluten pizza (it tastes like school cafeteria pizza), it'll do for when I am having a pizza craving.

Today I made a red onion and thai basil pizza. I also used a fake cheese since I'm allergic to dairy and soy. The fake cheese is a little creepy, but it did melt and stretch as promised on the label.

Here is my pizza before baking:


And here it is after it's baked:

No comments:

Post a Comment